Thursday 16 May 2013

A Crafting Welcome...

So after months of encouragement, I finally caved and have started a blog. It's going to be centered around me rambling on about my day to day life, which mostly concerns crafting, baking and my love for exploring new places (hence the blogname).
I seem to have become slightly obsessed addicted to card making lately. My boyfriend, Luke, will probably regret buying me a Cuttlebug for my birthday last year, as this kickstarted my obsession and has meant all saving-for-house plans have gone out the window. I'm hoping to use this blog as a way to keep a memory of the cards I make and to show other crafty lovers what I do (and perhaps mean I spend less time spending and more time crafting and blogging!)

Thanks to my Nan, I have always had a passion for baking and am forever in the kitchen making cakes. I am always trying out new recipes so thought I'd share them with anyone who's interested.
Anyone who knows me will know I am always busy and can't stand to sit still. I try to make plans every weekend (and then moan about how tired I am and I need a rest) and these mostly involve sightseeing and exploring the great outdoors. I am a National Trust member (I know what you're thinking - at the grand age of 23, how sad), but what's better than free fun days out and cream tea?! I've got hundreds of places in the UK and the world on a list to see, and am slowly working through them...

Carrot cupcakes with an orange frosting and walnut to top

2 comments:

  1. A warm welcome to the blogging world! Glad to see that you have finally taken the plunge, although I'm sorry that you'll now have a new obsession - blogging! I'm denouncing all responsibility! Donna.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi heather, and congrats on starting your blog, its great to see young people joining the national trust and visiting amazing houses and stunning gardens and then tasting their homemade cakes or scones, happy blogging, Fi from docrafts xx

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading your comments and appreciate them all so much! x