Monday 19 August 2013

A Monday Resolution

Rosie at Cider with Rosie has started making a Monday Resolution, and I think setting challenges like this is a great way to get something done during the week ahead. So here’s mine:
Image from Pinterest [original source unknown]

Okay so I don't exactly do the above, but I'm not a huge exercise fan. After a fairly indulgent weekend, I think it’s time I leapt back on the healthy lifestyle bandwagon. Luke and I really stuck to it for a couple of weeks, but it’s so easy to fall when there’s cake around. Neither of us are eating healthily to lose weight, we are seeing it as more of a lifestyle change. I am a big believer of you get out what you put in, and after a couple of weeks of eating homemade, none processed foods, I have to say I really noticed a difference. I had much more energy, felt less bloated and definitely less hungry!

Luke keeps telling me the next step is exercise. God that boy loves exercise. Running, swimming, cycling, all three in the same day sometimes. I, however, have never had the enthusiasm. I used to swim when I was growing up, three times a week and loved it. Then off I went to Uni, and made my ‘I have no time or money’ excuses quite regularly. And now, I love walking, I walk everywhere. But running. No. Thank. You. I feel like my heart is going to fall out of my chest, even when I power walk, and I can’t imagine that being too good for me right?! But then again, every time I moan about my podgy tummy, or that I’ve eaten too much cake, I hear a ‘well you can’t moan if you’re not prepared to try running’ seeping out of Luke’s brain.So I thought I’d give it a whirl. I ordered some trainers [I haven’t owned a pair for years, so thought it would be a good start]. We have lots of open green space by our house, so no ‘I don’t want people seeing me like a sweaty mess’ excuses. And Luke has offered to help me, so I can’t even pretend to run. Hmph.
Running is nothing more than a series of arguments between the part of your brain that wants to stop and the part that wants to keep going.
image from Pinterest - original source unknown

Personally I think the former – the part that wants to stop – will definitely overcome the latter.
Any tips for getting started and sticking to it?!

2 comments:

  1. this is a great resolution! i think you just got to make sure you keep to it because then you will begin to like it, thats what i have found :)Thank you for the link in the #lbloggers chat xx

    VINTAGE TEAPOT | FASHION, BEAUTY & LIFE RAMBLES

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is an awesome resolution. hope you can stick to it. at least if you have luke to encourage you you're more likely to stick to it!

    i really need to sort out my life with exercise and eating healthily. i tend to buy my 'main meal' at work and then just have a sandwich in the evening, so im not exactly eating badly, but i could be doing better.

    i have bouts of exercise then slobbing. i enjoy my evenings on the sofa with DVDs and cross stitch too much. haha. i do go on hikes every weekend though. i think once i get back from my holiday next week i'm gonna have to start at least walking more regularly. i walk really fast so i'm hoping to progress to running soon-ish (i used to run but then the dark nights crept in last winter and that went down the pan). i just begrudge paying nearly £30 for gym membership because i end up not going and then wasting my money. haha.
    Carry x

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading your comments and appreciate them all so much! x