Wednesday 14 August 2013

Men

Image found via Pinterest. Original source unknown 

Living with Luke has opened my eyes up to a few things:

> Men can be domesticated. He cooks, he cleans [apart from the toilet, he says that's my job], he re-cleans things I've cleaned and he picks things up after me. He's been brought up well, I have his mom to thank for that

> If it's time for Luke to wake up then it's time for me to wake up and get up too. Gone are my student days of mid morning lie ins. Even on a weekend, when I have nothing to do, 6am is my new get up time

> Living together doesn't always allow for quality time together. Luke works so hard and long hours, and often our evenings together consist of making tea, eating tea, washing up from tea, making the lunches for the next day, more washing up, bath and bed. I would never deter him from working - he loves his job - but we still need to make that effort. So we are going to try and have evening walks after tea to catch up on our days

> Working as a team gets things done quicker. Luke helps with everything. Bless his heart. It means we have more time together on the evenings to do the above :)

> Luke and I are both stubborn. He moans at me for not shutting the bin lid. I respond with moodiness. We have a game now that if ever either of us are moody, the other one has to try and poke a smile into their face. It always ends up with laughter. Humor is important. Even if I am often the butt of the jokes. 

> He loves to use women's beauty products. [He's reading this over my shoulder as I type and is asking me to stop]. I caught him using my face wash the other day but assumed it was a one off thing. I confronted him, which was when he confirmed "oh I use this every time I wash my face", so twice a day. He uses my £18 a bottle face wash to wash his face. Twice. A. Day. I mean I'm all for what's yours is mine and what's mine is my own yours. But seriously?! Does anyone else have this problem?

Jokes aside, I've learnt a lot. Some things I already knew. Some have shocked me. (£18 face wash!). But I wouldn't change him, or our relationship for the world :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love reading your comments and appreciate them all so much! x