Friday 13 September 2013

Happiness || 3


Family get-togethers. It was my Uncle’s 60th birthday and some family flew over from America to join us. I haven’t seen them for years and it was fantastic to reminisce about my childhood and make more memories. The above photo is of the remaining family, encompassing many generations, on the heath in Blackheath, London, where they all grew up.

Cosy nights in. Luke and I always find ourselves rushing around every evening and rarely get a chance to ourselves to just do nothing. The rain and tiredness from the weekend has meant we have stayed in most nights this week which has been lovely. Which leads me on to...

Bake Off. Not often do I sit down and watch TV, but this [along with Waterloo Road ha] is a must. I know I’m three weeks late, but this week’s was all about pies. And we all know I love pies. See here and here

Hot Chocolate. With fresh cream, caramel syrup and marshmallows. Perfect in front of the fire after having gotten rained on during the walk home.

Baths. With lots of bubbles and a book. I have had two this week which is more than I’ve had in months.

Yoga. After a long six week break, we started our classes again. The teacher is amazing and always manages to find the right balance between relaxation and a good work out. I always end the class fast asleep and stumble home in a sleepy daze, but feel amazing the next day and I’m sure a couple of inches taller ;)

Readers. When I first started writing this blog I honestly didn’t think anyone would want to read, and almost gave up bothering a couple of times. Okay, granted, I still don’t have many followers, but I at least feel like I’m reaching out to someone rather than talking to myself and it makes me happy that people care to read, follow and comment :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the Bake Off! It's one of the few things I bother to watch on TV these days, considering everything else is pretty awful!

    I used to feel the same about my blog and whether people would read it or not, but then someone told me to imagine all your follows sitting in front of you listening to your every word, and it makes you feel really proud!

    :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading your comments and appreciate them all so much! x