Tuesday 10 September 2013

A bit about me...


Although I reckon that most of the time the only people who read my blog are my mom and Luke, my number of followers is slowly increasing so I thought I’d let you all know a little more about myself. So without further ado…
Where I come from: Twenty-something years ago, I was born and raised in a town about 10 miles south of Birmingham. Then went to Nottingham for University, which involved a year living in Lyon, France. After I graduated I went to Uganda to volunteer then I came back home and moved out with Luke into our own place.

What I do: I studied French at Uni (with a little Italian thrown in for good measure) but my job involves nothing French related. I won’t bore you with the details but it’s in the legal sector.

In my spare time I like to: Bake, craft and explore. Which was my blog name for a short while before I changed to something more catchy. Most of my spare time is spent baking and cooking, nothing tastes better than home cooked treats. I love card making and will spend hours gluing and sticking. The majority of our spare money gets invested in exploring the world together. With limited holiday allowances, hours get spent planning the perfect holiday to cram as many sights into a few days to ensure we can see lots of places. Holidays this year? Toronto, Krakow, Norwegian Fjords, the Lake District and Paris. Planning for next year? Thailand and New York.

Why Pumpkins and Puddings? To cut a long story short, I wanted a new blog name and these are nicknames that Luke has for me, amongst many others. How kind of him – pumpkins are round and orange but, hey ho, there could be worse. Pumpkin also happens to be what my mom called me when I was in her tummy:)

If you want to know more about me then just ask in the comments below :)

3 comments:

  1. i love reading posts where the blogger explains more about themselves. i like to kind of ~know who i'm reading about.

    nottingham uni was one of my first university choices, but i ended up going to reading and then hull for reasons that would take forever to explain.

    my dad always called me pudding when i was little. though it turned into 'pud' towards my teenage years. haha.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Nottingham was a lovely university.
      Pudding has also been shortened to 'pud' for me too! I also get called pop tart, pudding pops, pup. Think Luke has an obsession with words beginning with P! X

      Delete
  2. My friends about to head of to Nottingham for uni so I have a reason to go visit it for the first time!

    I'd love to hear more about your time in France and volunteering in Uganda!

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading your comments and appreciate them all so much! x